LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Monday, July 14, 2008

I don't need a man....

but when I do, it really comes in handy to have a guy be a best friend. Well, part of the best friend unit. He is married to the other half of the best friend unit, and betwixt the two of them, they have gotten me through the past year and a half relatively on top of things.

I've known the male half of this unit since I was 17 and he was 15. I was a teacher's aide in a class he was taking; later, he became a very good friend to my brother. Long time ago, he and the ex-hubby worked together and became best friends. Now, he is the big brother I never had, although he is younger.

He and the Mrs. accepted the offer to raise my children, should the ex and I perish in some sort of freak accident (or, should we kill each other. Which I know isn't a laughing matter, but seriously...I had twelve years to off the dude, I don't think I'd go to the trouble now. He gives me money now, and my momma didn't raise a fool!) He and the Mrs. are a never ending source of encouragement, reality, and many times, tell me the truth I don't want to hear, but must. I wouldn't have filed for divorce if Heather (the Mrs.) hadn't asked me why I thought I didn't deserve any better than what I'd been getting. That was an eye opening conversation for sure, and I know it wasn't easy for her to say that to me.

So, for what did I need the Mr. portion of the unit tonight? Ach, to change a tire for me. That is one thing I have yet to master, and must; the changing of the oil and tires. But, he doesn't mind. He's a lot like me, he lives to help people. And I make him coffee, so its good for everyone involved.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice, I hardly know what to say!