LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Friday, October 3, 2008

that time of the decade...

I went to the doctor today. Completely against my will, and only because they said they would refuse to authorize a refill for my prescription otherwise. So, I caved.

I weighed in at 127, which is still within a good range for my height (I've lost 1/4 inch, must start yoga-ing again.). Here is the part I don't understand....my old clothes still fit me. I haven't had to purchase new jeans in a year or so. I have, however, seemed to have finally (finally! praise the gods) hit the upper B range in brassieres. Perhaps even a C. Does that account for five or six extra pounds? I'm befuddled.

I did get the refill, and also had a lab ordered to do some bloodwork. Nothing major, I am just tired of feeling exhausted. Not just normal tired, but I wake up exhausted and it progresses through the end of the day. I can drift off at will, just by sitting still for five minutes. I want to see if it is simply anemia, or if it is something else. Its going to be a fast blood draw, so I might see if they can run my blood sugars too. Lately I get dizzy and somewhat sick feeling if I don't eat something within an hour or so of being awake. Dad has had full blown diabetes for about five years, he's afraid I'm coming down with that (I don't think that is it, though).

I had to explain why I take such long hiatuses from medical appointments. I told him I don't have insurance. And I don't like having huge bills that can't be paid. He said he understood, but still......stern look....he actually is a very nice doctor, I like him a lot. He told me to at least get the iron levels checked, and if the job I interviewed for hires me and gives me insurance, to get my behind back and do the whole nine yards. Its been six years since my last post partum checkup, which means its been six years since my last checkup.

In the meantime, I am going to make myself start walking again. I haven't been doing that since I moved. Stretching and yoga-ing again, so I don't keep shrinking. I really eat pretty well, but I probably should cut down on coffee. Not stay up until 12 or 1am when i have to get up at 5. All that kind of stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does indeed sound like it's time to start taing care of yourself. And I would love to weigh in the 120s again.

Walking does wonders for my outlook, so that sounds like a great idea.

SB said...

Holy crap! Six years! So glad you've gone again, and that you're looking into what could be causing your exhaustion (aside from the whole three kids and job search thingies).

My thigh just got back down to 127. It was very pleased. :o)