LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

So, I'm beginning to see signs that my upcoming trek to GR is meant to be and fated by a higher existence than myself....I've applied for three, 3, tres jobs barista-ing in the last week. Seriously. And they are all hiring, or taking the apps now, to hire someone immediately after the new year.

Which is when I will be there. See how that is working out? I thought so.

****************
I am done with the holiday shopping and stuff. Seriously, it was kind of a white elephant Christmas, complete with some re-gifting and lots of thrift store finds and treasures, but you know what? I can definitely say more thought went into each person for whom I bought, and more care was taken than I usually display when shopping at those big box places and the like. I.E. My former sister in law Jess loves taking baths. Seriously she does it like twice a week, to soak and relax and all that. I had a bath gift set from last year, hadn't even opened it (I don't do baths, i'm a shower kind of girl), so I gave her that. Didn't cost me anything AND she'll love it and use it. I found Nate a wine decantor with six goblets for eight bucks. He loves wine and collects wine-y stuff, so yay. Its easy, when you look in the not so obvious places.

For my parents/sister/brother/Bri I am giving them each pictures. I took the kids and had some real, honest to God pictures taken, complete with matching outfits (they were fly, yo). For what I spent on the package, it averages out to a ten dollar gift for each of them. And they will love them. I haven't told any of them I did it, so it will be a surprise. I had a shot or two taken with me and them, so I'll have a good picture of the four of us together, smiling, clean, and nobody hitting anyone. I might cry when I see them.
***********************
The whole moving in with nate thing has me freaking a bit. What if I move in, and in a week he decides its not working? Its been two years of me living on my own, and I think about that long for him, as well. I'm there a lot, but not constantly. Ideally I'd move in when I have a job, but it will be easier to find the job and actually get to it if I'm there, rather than here. I guess it is going to be a leap of faith, at least a little, and he has done nothing but prove he deserves that. Nobody ever tells you how hard it is to trust the fact that you trust someone, after living so long distrusting everything around you.
**********************
Peanut butter white chocolate chip cookies. Tre yummy. Try it, Santa will love them ;0)

***************

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move! Sounds like a new phase of your life is definitely starting!

I will send you your questions later today.