LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Interview

Hey baby, here ya go:

1. You can be a new character in any novel, movie, or t.v. series. What would you choose, and how would you fit into the plot?
Going to go with novel here. It is not my favorite novel by any stretch, but in Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas, there is Odd (the hero) and Stormy (his girlfriend). Now, they have a very close, celibate relationship, and before they can get married and consummate it, something happens. That is THE ONLY STORY I have ever read that completely shocked me with the plot line, and brought me to tears. I would be a character, just a random extra to not take away their thunder, who would change the course of the story and let it have a happily ever after. Because Odd is a good guy. If you haven't read the story, do it. Its great.

2. You can give one special quality or trait to each of your children to help them succeed in life. What would you choose for each and why?
For Connor, I would grant him the power to problem solve. That poor child screams the sky is falling the minute a twig is placed in his way. He is so smart, yet he appears to be the kind of person that can only handle life when it goes according to schedule. That is not a good way to be, and leg up in that department would help him immensely.

For Jamie, I would grant him the ability to perceive danger. Of all his traits and quirks, that is the only one I would change, mostly to ensure he stays safe. I wouldn't want him any other way, and while he may not achieve material success, it can't be ruled out. Temple Grandin is Autistic, an engineer, and an author, so I never put limitations on that as far as he goes.

For Liv, I would grant her the ability to protect herself at all times, whether it is simply standing up for herself, screaming NO! at the top of her lungs when others try to harm her, or beating the hell out of somebody for trying to hurt her physically. I don't want her to ever think somebody has the right to harm her simply because she is a child, and as she grows older I don't want her to think she doesn't deserve anything less than to be treated fairly and with respect, at all times.

3. When/how did you know that Nate was the guy for you? Describe the moment.
This is going to sound insane, but I saw his profile on yahoo singles. I read his profile. And for three days I kept thinking I HAD to get in touch with him.
And I wasn't going to, because he was out of town and only had one child vs. my three. I finally couldn't take the thought running through my head so I tracked
him down on myspace (because I don't think I should have to pay to talk to somebody.) Turned out, he'd put the profile up the day before that, and took it down
two days later. We started emailing and met in person a few weeks later and were completely blown away by how quickly we connected.

So, to answer your question, the moment I laid eyes on him.

4. You have died and gone on to the afterlife. Which person, famous or not, do you look for first? What would you say to her or to him?
My Aunt Barbera. She committed suicide when she was 25; she had 3 girls under the age of 5. She was the sister to whom my mother was closest, in age and
emotionally. I would like to tell her how her absence affected her entire family, her children, and the ones who came after she passed. I think my mother still misses her very much. I would like to meet her.

5. What is your best quality, in your opinion.
The way I treat people. I don't use them, I don't play games with them, and unless I am given a damned good reason to not like someone, I generally like everyone.
Even if given a damned good reason, I will most likely forgive it at least once, and if I don't then I drop the person and do not continue with
bullshit games. I love easy, but it is genuine, and if I say I care about you, it isn't just a word.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goos sttement of your best qulity; I think you hit the nail on the head.