LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Been a busy week thus far, and shall only proceed to become busier as we creep closer to that for which we all yearn....WEEKEND!!!

I actually have something exciting happening for a change. I'm leaving in the wee (4a.m.) hours of Friday morning and flying to Detroit, then to Maryland. I have never been on a plane. I have never been out of Michigan, save Ohio (and lets face it...it ain't much different). I have never traveled anywhere alone, without the kids (unless we count grocery stores, court hearings, or gynecologists appointments traveling.) I am looking forward to it, being but a speck on the busy canvas of humanity. I like to observe people...it is amazing what one can learn from another simply by watching how they act when they don't think they are under a microscope.

I'm hoping the weather out that way is nice and warm and seasonal...Maryland is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Virginia (my place de birth..) and it was almost 90 degrees in the end of March the year I was born. I'm taking the flip flops just in case, along with a wool coat. Be prepared, thats my motto.

*************
I finished my first SEO-ing job, have another lined up already, have to put a payment portal on a site I created last month, and work on a graphic for that as well. That all right there is about $600. WTF? $600?? And that is actually working 'cheap', since I charge about $20 an hour due to my limited portfolio. Which is becoming a little more unlimited....I think I deserve a raise ;0)

I am finally getting a tablet. I found a barely used one for $50; these things retail for about 300+ bucks. Should make editing much easier (laptop mice are soooo touchy), and just in general creation easier. I almost wept when I got an email telling me someone had one. I am all about Craigslist these days, yo.

****************

Anything else....its an old friend's birthday today. http://annstorer.com She is an amazing artist, in both the classical sense and the digital sense, and I absolutely love her work. I was glad when I found her online, because as talented as she was back in the day she had little confidence in it. Its good to see that she kept at it, but has also undertaken new methods of creativity. So, stop on over there, see what she spins, and wish her a happy day!!

****************
For boring randomness, I have $17 left on a CVS pharmacy store gift card. I'm thinking some new make up is in order, perhaps something organize-y so I can look all official and business-y when I meet with clients. Or maybe I'll blow it all on a bag of Verona whole bean Starbucks coffee. *sniffs deeply* Whatever I do with it, I'm not buying t.p. and milk, that is for sure ;0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are in better spirits! Sounds like you have some great projects coming up.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Enjoy your out of town trip! I say go for some new make up... I could go broke easy if I bought all the make up I ever wanted (but never needed). LOL.