LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Rave!!

There is a brand of Microwave Chinese food that I simply adore. Its called Tai Pei, and they sell it at the hegemony that is headquartered in Arkansas. Not only does this stuff taste GOOD, its filling (one carton does the trick), fairly cheap ($2.50 per carton), and it is reasonably healthy. Not high in fat, not high in sodium, packs some vitamin A and C, is fresh frozen (so no preservatives), and no Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG...that crap tricks your brain into thinking stuff tastes good and shuts off the 'I'm full' sensor in the brain).

I'm eating one now, for lunch in my studio suite thingee, and it tastes absolutely fab. Doing Pepper Beef, but there are a variety of chicken (General Tsao's, Teriyaki, Orange, Spicy stuff) plus shrimp (I don't eat shrimp...its squishy.)

So, next time you are perusing the store of doom to stock up on snacks, look down the frozen ethnic food aisle and see what they have. If you or your kids dig Chinese food, they are great, filling, cheap, and good to have on hand.

1 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think I've seen those! I'll have to check them out more closely. I love spicy. Yum!