LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

big ole batch of whatev

First, borrowed from ETW (because stealing is just rude ;0)


1. What is your current obsession? Making money. I'm six kinds of broke.

2.Which item of clothing do you wear often? flip flops. If it is warmer than 60, my tootsies can't stand having socks/shoes on.

3.What's for dinner? Last night was Pizza Hut, and frankly I'm not much in a dinner mood today. I'm thinking I'll skip food tonight.

4.What are you listening to? The basement cat howling for attention again. Poor dear.

5.Say something to the one that tagged you. ETW...you rock. 'Nuff said.

6.Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere with lots of nature to take in, and photograph.

7. What I'm reading right now? I'm STILL working on the first Twilight book.

8. Four words to describe myself. Honest, passionate, compassionate, doubtful

9.Guilty pleasure. smokes. I know. Bad me.

10. What do you think you will feel about your life when all is said and done?
It was one heck of a ride, that will be fo sho.

11. What do you look forward to? Going to bed. I seriously need a recharge.

****************************

Next on the to-blog-about list....I have a conundrum. Or, I am turning a non-issue into one, as I am apt to do on occasion. In this land of coffee, drive through espresso stands and chains and whatnot, there is a new trend....Sexespresso. Which means the baristas are scantily clad or wearing costumes that most men dream about...school girls, cheerleaders, or a g string and pasty combination. I too was mortified (turn the art that is coffee making into a T and A peepshow? Ach.)

They make $300 a day in tips. Plus the $10 an hour. Lets add that up, shall we? For an average 32 hour a week part time job, that is $320 in wages, plus $1200 in tips. Yikes. And they don't hook or anything, just flirt and look hot. Maybe it isn't so....bad....after all?

However, one must naturally 'look' the part. And lets face it...I've never had the kind of body that gets fantasized over. And wearing stuff that amounts to lingerie around strangers....I don't know if I could do that. I'm kind of private, in that regard. Unless I'm drunk, in which case I shouldn't operate a can opener let alone a steamer machine and cash register.

But there is a chain that is hiring 'fantasy' baristas. With a long list of approved costumes, some of which I could actually see myself wearing in public.
http://fantasiawear.com/ImagesCostumes/d4041-schoolgirl.jpg

So, the question is, do I attempt to apply for this, with my less than busty physique, and attempt to flirt my way to $1200 a week in tips, or take the high road?

**************************

My laptop died, and Nate has graciously hauled over his desktop for me to use. 32 hours without internet access and I liked to have hibernated in my crypt. I think he brought it over more for me to stay in contact with people than anything else; and I appreciate it, because one can only talk to the spiders for so long before they move on to bigger and better things.

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think you should go for it (on the job). Men are attracted to ALL body shapes and sizes. Some men like big boobs, others say "More than a handful is a waste." I used to slop drinks at our dog track (gambling on the greyhounds). I wore a regular uniform (not scanty at all) and I made MAD money. It's hard work, but when I counted my tips at the end of my shift, it made up for all of it!

*mary* said...

I'd say go for it as well. It wouldn't hurt to check into it anyway! That outfit is cute, too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... why not? If you don't like it you can always quit.