LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

This and that-ness

I have son the elder and daughter the baby all set for their new school. Both are anxious, of course, about getting to know a new school and teacher and classmates; they are, however, fairly well adjusted kids, and I'm sure within five minutes they will each have a new bestie. Son is in a male teacher's class; the gentlemen is the son of my former fifth grade teacher, and seems like a good guy. He talked to son elder for about five minutes, about this and that, showing him around the classroom, and it wasn't even determined he would be placed in that class. I was glad to hear he got him.

There will be a little boy in the class who, I believe, has spina bifida. I'm expecting son will make friends with this boy fairly quick; he has a compassionate nature and tends to gravitate toward the kids that get overlooked or are on the fringe...and even as young as fourth grade, it is obvious to which clique someone belongs. I think the other little boy is a new student, and I've explained to the son why it is important to make an extra effort with those with special needs--because not everyone understands them, and a lot of times kids will leave others out because they don't know how to start a conversation or something.

But, the clothes are hanging, the old stretched out unders have been tossed, and we're getting back on the bed by eight/up by seven schedule. I'm looking forward to six hours of not screaming time, personally.

**********
I learned last week that wine makes me talk. Too much. In the middle of what was shaping up to be a fairly decent make out session, I let it slip that I find Mr. Inc , well, amazing is how I put it. His reaction....'I'm leaving in December, and I don't want to make any promises that I might not keep'. Sigh. I knew that. I've come to terms with it, and frankly I don't care, because I enjoy being around him that much. I said even if I never see him after December, this summer and whatever transpires between us over autumn will have been one of the best experiences of my life. Then I passed out. I really need to get the inner monologue fixed or something.

***********
The ex is driving me nuts again. Nothing in particular, I think I tend to take my frustrations out on him. Maybe he deserves it, maybe he doesn't, I don't know. Lately I've been getting annoyed that we seem sort of interdependent upon each other...over custody, just little things. I'm starting to see the rest of my life shape up to be one where I remain close to him for the children's sake, yet at the same time overseeing him, as well. I'll say something like 'oh, this weekend the kids want to do this' and he'll say 'eh, how about two days instead of three? We need to do X". And I want to scream at him, fuck you, deal with it yourself! No one gives a crap when I'm sick, or tired, or have to run paperwork all over town while toting the kids around. Never did, in the past. But when its his weekends, unless he has three free and clear days to lock them all in the house and do video game rotations, it 'isn't good for him'. The real world is still hidden from view, and I think I am at least in part responsible for keeping it out of sight.

************
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Some old pals are coming up this way and want to have a meet up. I can sleep in. Or stay out late. The house will stay clean for at least three days, and perhaps I can pick up where i left off on that make out session (while keeping my mouth shut and thoughts to myself this time.) Final weekend of summer, it seems, is upon us, and I intend to make the most of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"No one gives a crap when I'm sick, or tired, or have to run paperwork all over town while toting the kids around." Yep. Welcome to womanhood. Bastards.

SB said...

Not to worry, Friendsie. If the worst thing you've said to a dude in the throes is that you find him amazing, you're doing great. ;o)