LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Humor in the want ads

Apparently, the good folks over at Michigan Works! (I still find that name ironic in a sense, given that we still have the highest unemployment, hence non-working, rate in the country) have jumped on the aggressive marketing bandwagon. Or, as I like to say, 'blowing sunshine up the ass' campaign. Here are a few of the more, inflated, job titles and descriptions I saw tonight:

"Professional Rental Unit Preparation Technician".... the professional preparation technician will be responsible for ensuring each unit in our for rent community is brought to our rigorous standards prior to a new occupant taking possession. Will be performing duties such as carpet, window and window treatment, lavatory, and food preparation area cleaning; resurfacing the walls and trim with paint, and performing any other improvements and/or necessary repairs.

Wow, for all that, they need a maintenance person. There was a '"Professional Rental Unit Preparation Technician" at Crossroads; He had two screws loose, was in love with Cricket, and had to work three other jobs to support his wife and daughter. Yep, for all those over-inflated, thesaurus laden descriptions, the position was minimum wage.

"Canine Sanitation Technician" The canine sanitation technician will ensure that the parks and recreation area of X county are kept clear of any canine excrement. Will also treat grassy areas with chemicals in an attempt to revive those areas affected by urine. This position requires a keen eye, the ability to walk, bend, lift, use tools for the removal of feces, possess a chauffer's license, and must pass a drug screen and background check.

Yup, pooper scooper. Also for minimum wage. At least this one is a full time position. I guess dogs that poo alot and lazy owners are pretty popular in that town (I forget where it was).

"Help Desk Technician" The help desk technician will provide technical support to the tech support team. Knowledge of MS operating systems, the ability to install and configure hardware and software, knowledge of databases, and attention to detail are required. This position requires a high school diploma and two years working experience with computers.

OK....you are going to bail out the help desk technicians when they are stumped. You are going to help the people that help your customers. Why don't you just cut them out, and hire the ones who are smart enough to do it the first time around?! This job pays between $15 and $18/hr, with no degree required....the same company has a web designer position listed, but that one takes a bachelor's degree and four years designing experience for consideration. I think this company is run by Bizarro......

Oh, and Alex, The Frosty Cup is one of Cadillac's Premiere Dining Destinations now =0)

**************************

Tomorrow, I am going to turn in a resume/application/blood and urine samples to be considered for a 'food preparation technician' at a charter school here in br....thats right, kids, I want to be a lunch lady when I grow up. Seriously, though, it pays nine bucks an hour, 25 hours a week, and mirrors the kids' school schedule, so I won't have to worry about daycare at all. This tenure here in BR is a pit stop, nothing more, and therefore I don't really care anymore what I have to do while I'm here....I just have to do something! So, Alex, if Woodbridge Group calls asking about me, I have a mad work ethic and I was cleared of all charges in that exlax in the brownies incident ;0)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol - exlax.. good times... good times.. I will give you a glowing recommendation should they call.