LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

I have given Baker College Online the boot.

Actually, they sort of took the boot, tied it up and shoved it in a closet, and are holding it over my head. So, in retaliation and out of sheer spite, I went out and found a shinier, more popular version of the same boot.

I'm sure it will cost more, but that is not the point. That, my friends, is why deferments and forebearences exist.

Basically, Baker says I took too long to earn my degree. So, after two appeals denied, and with only seven courses (roughly 20 ish credits) left to complete, my option to finish with them is to pay out of pocket (my pockets are empty these days).

I've been in touch with DeVry University (online); they offer an associates in Web and Graphic Design. They would LOVE for me to transfer, and will give me as many credits as possible, so I can finish as fast as possible. Because they, like I, think its sort of bullshit that I qualify for aid, but Baker won't disperse it.

So, my new, improved, plan is to get the assoc. ASAP, then move up to a Bachelor's program in...wait for it.....Small Business Ownership/Entreprenuership. Figuring, of course, that I can land a decent designing job somewhere else, live smart for awhile while working on the BA, do research on options to get enough cash to start a business, then open my own swingingly groovy coffee shop somewhere.

Bam, pow, screw off, Baker, and you're '98% of our graduates are employed' bull. There is a new boot in town, and its called DeVry. Which is more highly accredited than you are, btw.

Hoping to be able to start in late October.

1 comments:

SB said...

This is great news! I'm so glad you sought out an alternative. Yay you!