LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Meh

I generally try to keep my blogs upbeat in nature, to amuse and lighten the mood of the at least two righteous chicas who peruse my musings.

Today, though, there are no attitudes of folly around these parts; I am a Debby downer today. A mundane Maude have I been for a goodly portion of the evening. There are many factors contributing to it, but as per usual, when all is said and done I will have to admit I am feeling this way, well, because I want to. Meh.

Perhaps it is the hex of hormones, for one to just not be in a chipper mood. I turned in the paperwork to be the lunch lady. Since I delivered it in person, I plan on stopping by next Monday to see what is going on with it. Perhaps Drop off another letter, asking WTF (why, not what) they haven't hired me yet?!

I got my application underway to DeVry, and according to their own standards for acceptance of transfer students, I should be accepted. Yes, I flunked quite a few courses, but my GPA from baker is still 2.7 (yes, I am probably the only person in the history of Baker to have President's list honors on the same transcript with failures. I'm a rebel; a loner.) Looks as if DeVry starts up again October 27, and the academic advisor is pretty confident that we can line the ducks up by then.

My daughter rode the bus today, and "LOVED it". I knew she would. For all her whining, pining, and sobbing, she is a big girl with a desire to be as cool and big as her brother. I was a little scared letting them walk to the bus stop themselves (its about 150 feet away, on the sidewalk next to the apartment), but they assured me they would not play in traffic, throw each other into the street, or do anything else to hurt themselves. So out the door they went, and came back in safe and sound at 4p.m.

So, why, despite all the goodness and looking up-ness am I still a funky Frannie? I have a few ideas on the matter, but I really care to not discuss them. Suffice to say a friend and I have deemed today 'idiot man day', and we are working on a plan to open "anti-rage workout centers" for women, where they can come and listen to loud metal/rock music while beating up punching bags. No men allowed, unless we hire them to serve the water. It will be like hooters...we'll only hire drooly good looking dudes, with their rippling chests, buns of steel, and backs of bliss (I have a thing for backs). She thinks I'm on to something.....

Well, this Tired Tessie is going to bed, where mayhaps she can dream about a Delicious Dennis, or about beating the crap out of a bastardish Brian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard watching the wee ones go back to school, maybe that is contributing.

SB said...

Just ride it out, friendsie. I know that's probably not a huge comfort, but sometimes there is a sublime sereneness in rage, so long as it doesn't take over your life.

Once in a while, a good venting is necessary in order to appreciate the quiet peace that comes after it.

If that doesn't work, you can always look into this:

http://www.esportsonline.com/?HIERCD=83397&WEBSRC=DID_GGL