LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Monday, January 19, 2009

And so, the pouring begins.

Seems the last two weeks of resume sending, job apping, and submitting my 'professional' gmail account to spam-bots has not been in vain. I had an interview today (it went well, I should make it into round 2 next week. Why? Because I stated that I like to know what I am supposed to do, and be left alone to do it. Apparently, that is a quality in short supply these days.), one tomorrow, and am seemingly in negotiations with a coffee shop owner to work there.

Hurrah! Being that I have OCD and like to make scenarios in my head (which don't always pan out), I think its going to go down something like this:

1. I work at 7-11 (interview tomorrow) until I hear from THE GOOD JOB that I interviewed at next week. I put in a week of minimum wage, alcohol, tobacco, and lottery ticket peddling, then leave the poor overworked manager hanging high and dry when the full time, admin. assistant position (who liked that I like to work without a babysitter) calls me.

OR

2. I work 2 part time jobs, the 7-11 AND the coffee shop, until the coffee shop realizes that I am indeed an artiste with the espresso, and just lets me work all day, everyday, and eventually sells the shop to me. (Okay, that is a bit of a stretch).

OR

3. The GOOD JOB wants me, and I want the coffee shop, so I do both since I really don't have anything else to do and I am a workaholic by nature, and since I'm not raising chitlins but alternating weekends, I could do this.

Either way, I had an interview! I have another one! A coffee dude is talking to me, and I have one W2 and one on the way. Things are looking up, and I'm so happy I could hug an alpaca.

Seriously.

0 comments: