LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, know he DIDN'T

So, yesterday I received an email from a former supervisor (we shall call him J). I have been working on a web site for a friend of one of my former co-workers, and he emailed me to find out what was up with it. The files are stored on the computer at my house (where I have not been in one week), and I informed him of this.

J knows that I have been slowly taking over....I mean moving into.....Nate's place. Rather than telling ME he needs the website delivered ASAP, he uses the Messenger Program of Micro$$oft to tell Nate to tell me he needs it sent NOW (yesterday).

I shoot J an email and tell him I'll recode it, he'll have it within a few hours. Which he did.

For the next hour, J is messaging Nate, asking him if I'm working on it, am I almost done, yadda yadda. Nate is taking master's degree courses, trying to find his own job, and is lined up for contract work through three different companies, so its not like he doesn't have his own stuff to do. But, it isn't in his nature to ignore IM's, nor be rude, so he answered all of J's questions while telling me that he wasn't comfortable doing the check up on me thing when J could just ask me himself.

When I sent the files, I mentioned to J that I did not want him using Nate like he had. Perhaps I'm a bit touchy, given my history with men, but a few things bothered me about J's actions....namely that he was checking up on me. And, that he was putting Nate in a babysitter of sorts role, which is just weird. Finally, I think it displayed a lack of not only professionalism, but also a lack of respect for me. Lest we forget as well, one of the things I truly love about Nate is that he displays absolutely no controlling tendencies, and having him be my keeper felt a little weird.

J sent me an email back, pretty much saying that wasn't what he'd done and that if they need anything else they'll let me know. I think I offended him, and frankly I don't care. If you are going to try to manipulate, control, or otherwise push me into a corner, you are going to get offended when I call your dumb ass on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does seem odd. Good for you for standing up for yourself.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I would be pissed too. If I were you, I'd hope that I'd never hear back from him!