LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday-ness

Another installment in the chapter of 'Oh, No he DIDN'T':
I got a call yesterday from another former co-worker at that place; apparently, what I sent wasn't good enough. When I design I make a mock up, just a visual of where I am thinking of heading with a project, so the person for whom I'm making it knows what is coming. I explained that it MIGHT NOT LOOK exactly like it (because IE does not nice things with CSS), but the general layout/color scheme/content would be the same.

They, J and the Pastor for whom it was made, want me to redo it. Personally, I think this is turning into a pissing match between me and J (who was not the one who called and told me it wasn't right, btw.) The reason I deviated from the mock up was because I could not get it, once coded, to look presentable, with the elements the gentleman needed to have present.

I told Nate about it, and he says I should blow them off. I told him what I'd told J, and he said it sounds like a control thing to him. I'm thinking I should send an email and say you get that one for free, and any changes made to it will cost you $40 an hour, two hours paid upfront, billed after if it comes out to more. They know I'm not working, and I think it is just a little ass-hole-ish to expect me to give another three to five hours of free time when neither party involved intends to pay me.

***************************
So Nate is off doing tech things for the day, and Miss Morgan and I are chilling in the crib. She's exactly like my kids...very self-sufficient, very computer savvy, and very much a six year old girl. I have some homework to finish before this afternoon, then I'm thinking she and I will give the old vacuum a whirl and just for extra kick, scrub the bathroom. Wheeeee.

***************************
Its 80's night at a club downtown, and since the little Morgie is off to Grandmas for the evening, I think we are going to venture out and see whats happening with it. I never used to be a big fan of 80's music, but I have to admit....it grows on you. I still prefer the 'new wave' stuff to say Madonna, but even those its fun to listen to once in awhile and laugh about all the girls who used to try wearing fingerless lace gloves to school.

I like, from the 80's:
The Cure
Blondie
When in Rome (I loved the Promise long before it appeared in Napoleon Dynamite)
The Police
The Violent Femmes
The Pointer Sisters (thank my Mom for that one)
David Bowie
Billy Idol

Whom do you like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your plan is dead-on. Charge them.

We all know about my fascination with Bowie :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I liked the Romantics back in the day...