LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too cold for a catch title

Here, in no particular order, and the jobs for which I applied so far this week.

English as second language tutor, via VOIP. The actual teacher position required a Bachelor's Degree, which I do not possess. I wonder if I could borrow my brother's; he isn't using it.

3 different 'administrative assistant' positions. All requiring attention to detail, experience with M$ office, and a 'helpful, friendly disposition that will be the forward face our company extends to our customers'. Yep, I can play Mary Sunshine with the best of them.

Nursery attendant. As in planting seeds and growing them for a nursery. Hey, I have two green thumbs, may as well use them, right?

Barista. At three coffee houses, independently owned. Dear God, but how I miss steaming milk and shooting shots. Of espresso. Never could get the manager to let me try out the Irish Coffee Bar thing.

Barista, at chain/franchised coffee shops. I'm not picky. I'll wear the damned visor, I just want to play with coffee again.

Photography Assistant. I'm not sure what is expected, but hey, it was on Craigslist and is for an actual business, so I gave it a shot.

Customer Service at: Sally's Beauty Supply, Office Max, Target, Meijer, a thrift shop for children's clothes.

Server at : Applebees, Papa Vino's (better than Olive Garden Italian food!), Russ' (like friendly's, Alex), Pizza Hut.

That was THIS WEEK. Same last week, at least ten different things per day. I have received none, niente, nine, zilch, zip, zero, calls back. For anything.

Its a good thing I don't have a rejection phobia anymore, or this could get depressing.

*****************
I am slowly adjusting to life away from my bebes. I talk to them everyday, and it is good to hear them happy. Part of me still feels guilty for not being there, but I know that their Dad is enjoying it and is happy to have them around so I'm trying to let go of the Mom guilt complex. When I saw them over the weekend, they were full of hugs and were much more relaxed than I have seen them in a long, long time.

I think it helps having Morgan around. I picked her up from school yesterday, and she showed me her classroom, with its little gold fish bowls and her cubby. I watched a cartoon with her, before helping her with a homework paper. I made dinner last night, because not having any thing else to do was driving me crazy. It is the lack of a definite purpose that is bringing me down right now; sure, I have class work, but ultimately, I have to have SOMETHING for which I am caring, or else I go nuts.

I'm thinking of bringing the fishies with me, some of my houseplants as well. That will give me something to fuss over, and I refuse to let myself turn into a mother hen to either Morgan or Nate. I love them both for their independence and self sufficiency, and I'm not going to do anything to threaten that.

I will do the L thing later =0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you - getting out there and braving rejection. If all eslse fails, consider doing the tech writing thing (Grand Valley has a program). You would be a natural, and there are jobs out there.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow - with all those applications, something has to turn up eventually... I'll be sending good vibes your way! :-)