LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bag thing from ETW

I am not a girly girl. Sure, I can polish up with the best of them, but in my day to day life, I just don't care. I didn't even break down and GET a purse until I had a child; after leaving the meager coin purse I carried all important info in on top of my car for the tenth time and losing it (and subsequently sifting through parking lot grime to retrieve it), I broke down and got one.

Today, I go for complete utilitarian function at as reasonable price as I can find. I got my current 'purse' from someone; it is a mini scale dickies messenger bag. Its black, has an adjustable strap, and a velcro closure. It zips shut, should I remember to do so, but it doesn't matter since the super duper velcro technology holds all in place anyway.

Inside, one finds my orange, red, and yellow striped checkbook cover (a $19.99 steal in pure leather, from some mail order check company) with license, soc card, biggby rewards card, refillable starbucks gift card, a card for a free pair of unmentionables from Victoria's Secret, debit card, and checks. Which I don't use because I'm all about earning rewards with the debit card.

To keep that boring stuff company, there is also nail glue (super glue), three ink pens, a really neat index card thing with a green foliage print cover, a date book/planner thing (I broke down and got one). Also, my mp3 charger, phone charger, a flash drive, .63 cents that I haven't put in the change stash, a lighter, nail file, and a polished stone heart that I have, but don't remember why?

A picture of my children, receipts, my spare car keys, a cinnamon disk in wrapper, a bobby pin, and finally....a folded up map and directions that I printed off Google.

That is a lot of crap to shove in a purse that is about 6 inches long, three inches wide, and four inches deep. But hey....it is utilitarian, and does the job.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You travel light! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that the coin purse finally met its demise. I never did understand how you did it.