LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And the green flag waves

I arrived around 9pm mountain time (a little late, we had to wait for some connectors. I guess there were delays in Chicago, and we were being thoughtful.) The flight was the longest I'd taken yet; nearly 2.5 hours, up along the rockies from Denver.

It was raining when I got here, and dark, so I didn't get a good look at anything, really. I spent my first day here sleeping, and today I finally got to venture out, walk about 30 blocks, and see this new place I intend to make my home.

This area, west-of-the-mountains Washington, is beautiful. In early April, the roses are leafed out and ready to bloom. Flowering shrubs have flowered; grass is thick, green, and already mowed. The sky is so clear (when it is sunny, as it has been for 2 days now). It is ethereal for me to be here; for so long I have wanted to at least visit, and more than once I tried to talk the ex into moving here.

I have yet to see downtown Tacoma, and should I figure out the rather insane bus schedule/routing system, I may get to do that. We may venture into Seattle this weekend, Nate and I, or we may hit some parks for some hiking.

I saw him yesterday for the first time in two weeks. It was the first moment in the same span of time that I felt alive again, and not just plodding along, going through the motions. We do that to each other, feed off the other's energy and vitality, which gets stronger the longer we are near each other. It is strange, to be around someone who exudes so much love, to feel nothing but trust and acceptance. His roommate situation is about fifteen minutes away from mine, which worked out quite nicely. The plan is by June or July, to be in a position where we can get a place together (unless the roommate thing drives one or both of us crazy.)

I like my roommates; a couple with a 14 months old little girl and another on the way; he installs direct tv and she entertains the peanut (as they call her). The other roomie is a guy in some sort of law enforcement program, but I've only seen him once. I hide out in the dungeon room, with my own private entrance/exit, and surface when I require a coffee refill or to use the facilities. I told them I'm not anti-social, I am just private, and I want to get working asap, which means I'll be on the computer or out hotfooting it most of the time. And they are cool with that.

So I am in an area I have always wanted to see, in an arrangement that is to the benefit of all involved, fifteen minutes away from the man I love. I talk to my kids every night (afternoon for me), and they are happy to be back 'home', seeing their grandparents and aunts/uncles, telling their friends of their spring break trek to New Mexico, then back. I won't lie, it is hard being away from them, but I'd rather they be where they are comfortable, with people who love them and can give their dad a hand if he needs it. I want to go see them next month, around my mother's birthday.

I know the rain will come eventually, but for the meantime I am enjoying this picturesque spring like weather, looking into all the possibilities that I can find, and keeping my eye open for the a place where Nate and I can be home together, again. Expect photos, once I get the camera unpacked.

2 comments:

*mary* said...

Sounds good so far! Looking forward to the photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi - glad you are happy and well! Miss you!