LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Friday, April 10, 2009

New hobby

For Christmas, my mother got me a replacement digital camera. My other one was awesome, free (my brother's fiance is a photographer, and she bought it but never used it so passed it on to me.), and met its demise when Jamie P. discovered there were no batteries in it, and he could not snap a shot or two of himself (he is a camera ham), and he chucked it down a long hallway where it smashed into the wall.

So, my new camera is a Kodak Easy share, 10mega pixel (I turned it down to 8 though), and with the SD card can hold about 1200 pictures.

I do not take good pictures of people. They are either blurry, out of focus, the lighting isn't right, whatev. I take pics of my kids to document their growth, remember activities, etc.

I seem to have a knack for nature photography. Along the way to New Mexico, I snapped some while the car was moving along at 60mph; they turned out phenomenal. I got some from the zoo, of animals, that are rather amazing.

I have taken roughly 1000 pictures along this journey; most are on my facebook. I have a deviant art account, and I've put a few up there that have received some rather humbling appreciation. Since I live to entertain and bring cheer wherever I can, I've uploaded some to photobucket to share with you:
















Enjoy!

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wow! You do have talent. Those are beautiful!

*mary* said...

Those are nice shots! They are really clear for 8 MP. My 8 MP Canon just seems grainy no matter what I do. If/ when I can ever afford it I'd like to get a nicer camera.