LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

OK...now what?

So, it seems that my newly found hobby is taking a backseat for the moment. Oh, there is plenty to photograph; I have plenty of time yet to wander aimlessly, snapping shots at will. I pulled the (new) girl out of her case the other day, and there was a big leafy looking thing in my viewfinder.

'Hon, what is this?' I asked the super duper techy dude I know.

'Your lcd screen is shot.' he says.

Well, crud.

I can take pictures, but no zoom. No adjusting the shutter speed, or the option to see if I have flash on/off/auto. I am not sure what happened. I charged it overnight, then carefully wrapped all cords and bound them with the twisty ties, before tucking her neatly into the padded and zippered case.

Kodak says since it is less than a year old, they will replace it, once I get the receipts, shipping order, and other paperwork from my mom and send it all to them. Within a few weeks I will have the replacement, but lo! The roses are going to burst any day here.

*************
I am searching out some new people to meet and hang out with on occasion. Other than Nate, I really don't know anyone in Seattle. One of the nicest things about him and our relationship is that he doesn't feel the need to know where I am every minute of the day, nor does he get a bee in his bonnet if I want to go do something in public without him. And I trust him enough to extend him the same attitude. I think he is feeling like I am pining away, lonely in my room, while he is working or during the week, which really isn't the case but he's a 'taker-care-of' as well. So I figured if I meet a few more people, get out and about a little more, he'll stop worrying and feeling guilty that he can't entertain me 24/7. Once his jeep is fixed (needed a new engine), I will have a 1988 chevy celebrity to drive around and that will help a little. I have no problem walking, but my feet need a few days off to heal from the blisters I seem to have given myself.

*************

I am working on a new portfolio page so I can get the freelancing thing here up and running. Last night I did some more photo edits; they turned out pretty good, and I made an image with brushes and about six layers. Once I know where the 'undo' button is, there is no stopping me ;0)

*************

I think the sun is coming out for a bit; maybe a quick jaunt up the street won't be so bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are out and about - good luck on the job hunt!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry to hear about the camera, but thank goodness it's still under warranty! I hope you find the perfect job soon. :-)