LeighMo's bit of heaven (or hell)

This is my life. Seriously.

So, when I left Michigan on April 1, I undertook a life of travel, with the day to day living being as conducive to life on the road as possible.

Since that time, I have been mainly existing on fast food, the occasional 'side salad' (meaning: cheap ass green iceburg lettuce, carrot shreds, and under ripe tomatoes), and epic portions of family sit down chain restaurants, ranging from home cookin' to chinese.

Really, it wasn't too bad. I have never been one to have to meticulously watch calories, and Lord knows I'm walking enough to count as exercise.

But my tummy does not handle excessive grease well, nor does it like red meat much these days. So, I've been careful to order what I am fairly certain I can tolerate.

Yesterday it blew up in my face. Well, my colon actually.

Cinnamon French Toast. Sounds innocent enough, does it not? One of my favorites, regardless of the time of day. And it was a Sunday brunch outing, so I figured that would be okay; definitely better than say a 12 oz chunk of Black Angus, fried in its own grease.

The menu failed to mention that this was cinnamon TEXAS toast; three full slices of cinnamon texas toast bread, soaking up at least half a dozen eggs. Drenched in a coating of butter (not margarine or 'I can't believe its not butter', but good ole' American sweet cream, home churned butter. Plus, drowned in caramel sundae topping, finished with dollaps of whipped cream (the can kind, so it was pretty).

I nearly threw up then. I like my french toast with butter, and that is it. I don't want dessert for brunch; I am not much of a sugar person in the morning. I thought scraping the sauces and garnishments of Willy Wonka variety would suffice, but that darned toast bread sucked it up, I think.

The intestinal cramping began late last night. This morning, I simply hoped I would have a vomit session or three, and call it good. No such luck. I am feeling better now, although the water bill may be higher than normal, given all the flushing that was going on.

Once I had my inner sense of self restored to almost normal, I ventured out to pick up some groceries. I think for awhile, it will be salads, ground turkey, lots of water, and a few lean cuisine meals.

I will definitely pay more attention to descriptions, especially where my beloved french toast is concerned.

3 comments:

*mary* said...

Is nothing sacred? Why do people slather all that sugary death on something already yummy on its own?

I have also been paying the price for poor food choices lately. Ugh. I needed coffee this morning BUT electricity went out on my whole block as soon as I woke up. I was schlepping Violet to a doctor appointment and had no other coffee options besides Speedway. Blehhh. It was pure sugar, without even ADDING any sugar. I got sick as soon as I walked back in the door. Ick.

Glad you're feeling better! (Although I'm sure my gas station coffee story didn't help much.)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Oh, don't even get me started about fast food and burgers and such. I haven't eaten a chicken sandwich from Wendy's in over 10 years - one made me soooo sick! But, I do love Wendy's.... :-) Looks like it's time to add to your travels some Immodium AD tablets. I never leave home w/o them! :-)

Anonymous said...

Umm... wow. Hope you are feeling okay now....